Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Potato Foil Packets

I wish I had some beautiful Easter dishes to share with you today, but I didn't cook a thing over the Easter Holiday.  We ate at my in-laws, sisters and my mom's and had wonderful meals each time.  My only contribution was the veggie tray I bought to take to my sisters.  I feel bad that each of them put on a beautiful spread and I contributed nothing.  But living 3 hours away makes that a little hard to prepare something and bring.  Plus, our time at home is always jammed with stuff and buying something at the store seems to be the way I do it anymore.  But when they all come here in 3 weeks for 1st Communion, I will cook for the crowd and no one with bring a thing.  So it evens out :)

My husband is on his perpetual "modified Atkins" diet and it's driving me crazy.  It so hard to make a nice meal of pasta and know he won't eat it.  So, I have been trying to make things that are Atkins friendly but feed my kids and myself as well. 

So, last night we had steaks on the grill and I threw my favorite Potato Foil Packets together to go with them on the grill as well.  They are super easy and they are done in no time with very little work by me :)

Potato Foil Packets
5 russet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/2" thick
1 stick and 1/2 butter
salt/pepper
Parmesan cheese shred
aluminum foil

Tear off 4 aluminum foil sheets to be about 11" long.  Place 1/4 of the potatoes on each sheet of foil.  Salt and pepper to your taste. Slice butter in teaspoon pats and 4 or 5 pats on each portion of potatoes.  Sprinkle a handful of cheese on each portion of potatoes and wrap up so you have the seem side up and the sides foiled into nice packets.  Place on grill (my hubby puts them on the bottom for 10 minutes and then up top for the remaining time) for 20-25 minutes. 

When you open the packets be careful, they will be hot and the steam can be a little much.  The bottom few will be all crunchy goodness.  My FAVORITE part of the pack. 

Enjoy!!! 

I forgot to take a picture after and will update this the next time we have them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment