Sunday, April 29, 2012

Congo Bars

We had so much family in this weekend for my son's First Communion and I fed them all weekend.  I planned a brunch for Sunday before Mass and a barbaque for Saturday night.  These are a hit with everyone and are super easy to make.  I whipped them up quickly and they were finished off this morning by the boys before brunch :)
Hope you enjoy the chocolatey bars.  Not sure where the name came from but my mom always made these and called them Congo bars.

Congo Bars
1 pkg brown sugar (2 1/3 cups)
2/3 cup oleo
3 eggs
2 3/4 c flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
1 (12oz) bag of chocolate chips

Melt oleo in large saucepan, stir in brown sugar.  Add eggs and rest of the ingredients.  Mix well and add chocolate chips.  Pour into a greased 13x9 inch pan and bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees.

Cool and cut with a knife!!!  Cover well.  They get hard easily if you don't eat them fast or cover them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment