Friday, January 18, 2013

Baked Fajitas

I made these very quickly for dinner one night and they came out terrific.  My hubby and oldest inhaled them.  My younger two just ate the tortilla's with cheese for "cheese tacos".  I didn't have cumin but the flavor of these was great.  It feed the 3 of us fine and we had leftovers for lunch the next day.  I liked to make quick things during the week and am trying to get us to eat healthier and more veggies too.

Baked Fajitas
 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts - cut in strips
2 Tbl vegetable oil
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 can rotel (diced tomatoes with green chilies)
1 medium onion, sliced
1 lrg bell pepper, seeded and sliced
12 tortillas

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken in a greased 13x9 baking dish.  In a bowl, combine oil and spices.  Drizzle the spice mixture over the chicken and stir to coat.  Add tomatoes, peppers and onions to dish and stir to combine.  Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked and veggies are tender.  Serve on tortillas with sour cream and shredded cheese.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. What degree should the oven be at for these? They sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well how did I miss that?? Thanks so much for letting me know. They bake at 400 degrees. I will update the recipe right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use this recipe a lot not only is is wonderful and tasteful but because it is so easy.....I buy the onion and green peppers frozen at Wal mart and just put them in and don't have to cut the vegatable.

    ReplyDelete