Monday, January 28, 2013

BLT Dip

This is a recipe I got in a cookbook from Pampered Chef.  It is one of my families favorites and it gets better if it sits in the fridge longer.  I have made it right before a party and served it and it wasn't as good as when I made it the night before and served it.  It needs at least 3 hours for the sugar to cure the bacon.  I used bacon bits in this batch and it turned out just fine.  You have to be careful you don't use too much bacon.  I love bacon but too much in a dip or soup gives it an overpowering hickory taste which I don't like.

BLT Dip
1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese, softened
1/2 c ranch salad dressing
1 med tomato, seeded and diced
6 bacon slices, crisply cooked and chopped
2 Tbl finely chopped onion
1 tsp sugar

Softened cream cheese.  Stir in dressing and mix well.  Add tomato, bacon, onion and sugar and mix well.  Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours.  Serve with crackers or bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment