Monday, January 28, 2013

Parmesan Fondue

I found this recipe years ago in a recipe magazine and I have made it several times.  I wanted to make something new for Trivia Night this past weekend at my children's school.  We always go all out on food for our 2 tables.  I love to make appetizers and this is so easy, gooey and yummy.  Everyone loves it!  I served it with a loaf of french bread I cubed and it was fabulous.  Perfect for a cold night with friends.

Parmesan Fondue
2 cups milk
2 pkgs (8oz) cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 loaf french bread, cubed

In a large saucepan, cook and stir the milk and cream cheese over low heat until cheese is melted.  Stir in Parmesan cheese and garlic salt.  Cook and stir until heated through.  Transfer to a mini slow cooker or fondue pot.  Keep warm and serve with bread cubes.

No comments:

Post a Comment