Thursday, January 31, 2013

Simply Lasagna

I made my tried and true Lasagna the other night.  It is my favorite recipe for lasagna because you do NOT have to precook the noodles.  This way you can throw it together really fast and enjoy the goodness quicker.  I have been trying to plan meals before I grocery shop for the week but that usually doesn't happen.  I plan as I walk through the store and something catches my eye.  I saw cottage cheese and thought - I should make lasagna.  That is what is traditionally in my recipe and will substitute the ricotta for if I don't have it on hand.  My kids are a little odd about the texture of cottage cheese and I try to be sensitive to that.  My oldest isn't a fan but my son ate 2 pieces and would have had a third if I would have allowed it.  He's my pasta boy!
 
Enjoy!
 
Simply Lasagna
1 lb ground beef
2 1/2 c mozzarella cheese
1 (15oz) container ricotta cheese
1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 c parsley
1 egg, beaten
1(24 oz) jar of spaghetti sauce
1 c water
12 lasagna noodles, UNCOOKED
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Brown meat in a large skillet.  Meanwhile, mix 1 1/4 c mozzarella, ricotta cheese, 1/4 c Parmesan, parsley and egg until well blended.  Set aside.  Drain meet and stir in spaghetti sauce.  Add 1 cup of water to empty sauce jar, cover with lid and shake well.  Add to meat mixture and stir well.  Spread 1 cup meat sauce onto bottom of 13x9 baking dish.  Top with 3 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of the cheese mixture and 1 cup of meat sauce.  Repeat twice.  Top with remaining meat sauce and remaining cheese.  Cover with greased foil.  Bake 45 minutes and remove foil.  Return to oven for additional 15 minutes.  Let stand 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
 
Mine is either super runny or stands up on the spatula.  You just never know.  If I let it stand (if they can wait that long) it usually the perfect serving piece.  Just all depends on my ovens mood!!

No comments:

Post a Comment