Friday, January 18, 2013

Buckeyes


These are one of my all time favorite treats.  I normally only make them at Christmas time.  They really are not that hard and I should try and make them more often but don't seem to be motivated to make them any other time because my family will inhale them if I turn around.

I got this recipe from my sister and she was thrilled when I made them this year for Christmas because she hadn't (or her daughter hadn't) made them.   The key to them is letting them harden as peanut butter balls in the fridge overnight then dip them in the chocolate.  I always make more chocolate than needed and end up having to throw it out.  Next year I am going to double my batch and see how that fares.  

Buckeyes
2 cups smooth peanut butter
2 sticks of margarine, melted
1 1/2 lb box of powdered sugar
1 pkg (12oz)chocolate chips
1/2 slab of paraffin

Mix together sugar, margarine and peanut butter. Form into 1 inch balls and place on foiled lined cookie sheets.  Chill until set.  Melt chocolate chips and paraffin in a saucepan stirring constantly.  Dip each peanut butter ball into chocolate mixture using a toothpick and return to foiled lined cookie sheets.  Leave top of ball uncovered to look like a buckeye. Chill until chocolate is set.  Store in an airtight container.


No comments:

Post a Comment