Monday, January 28, 2013

Green Bean Bundles

My neighbor brought these to either Bunco or a cookout one time and they were like candy.  Yes, I said CANDY.  A vegetable that tastes like candy does not happen very often.  I had to have the recipe for sure.  They are so easy to make and are partial healthy for you.  The brown sugar kind of drowns out the green beans but that is what makes it so wonderful :)  I used fresh green beans which I picked up at the store that look so pretty.  I snapped the ends off and blanched them first and they were so yummy.  I had never "blanched" anything before so I had to look up online what to do!  But it was super easy and didn't take that much extra time at all.

Hope you enjoy!

Green Bean Bundles
3 (14.5oz) cans green beans, drained
1 lb bacon, cut in half
1/2 c butter, melted
1 c brown sugar
1 tsp garlic salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease 9x13 baking dish.  Wrap 7 green beans with the 1/2 strip of bacon and place in pan.  Combine butter and brown sugar.  Pour over green bean bundles and sprinkle with garlic salt.  Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment