Monday, June 11, 2012

Brown Sugar Pulled Pork in the Slow Cooker

I had found a recipe on Pinterest for Brown Sugar Chicken in the Slow Cooker and I wondered if if would work on the pot roast I had defrosting in the fridge.  I love to try new ways to make pulled pork and this sounded so yummy to me.  It smelled even better!!!  It was very sweet and my oldest was OK about it.  I really liked it and it made a great sauce for the 3lb roast I had. 

Try it and let me know what you think!!

Brown Sugar Pulled Pork
3 lb pork roast (defrosted)
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup lemon-lime soda
2/3 cup vinegar
2 Tbl soy sauce
1 Tbl minced garlic
1 tsp garlic salt

Place pork roast in slow cooker.  Place brown sugar on top of roast.  Pour in remaining ingredients.  Cook on low for 6 hours or High for 4-5 hours.  Mix sauce about half way.  Shred roast with fork and mix well with sauce.  Serve on buns with mozzarella.

We had some leftover and I am having it for lunch today!!  Hope it's just as good the second time.

No comments:

Post a Comment