Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Hawaiian Crock Pot Chicken

I had pinned this weeks ago and have been wanting to try this recipe for Hawaiian Chicken in the crockpot.  With baseball games taking almost 2.5 hours its been a struggle to come up with something to eat.  We don't have time before the game and I hate to be eating after 8pm at night.  I threw this in the crockpot right before we left for my son's game last night and it was soooo good.  Super easy because I don't have the recipe in front of me as I type.  Which I like the best!!!

I had leftovers for lunch today and it was wonderful.  Serve over rice and even my little one ate some.

Hawaiian Crock Pot Chicken
4-6 frozen chicken breasts
1 can pineapple chunks, drained
1 bottle of barbacue sauce

Place frozen chicken breasts in crock pot.  Cover with barbacue sauce and pineapple.  Cook on high for 2 hours.  Serve over rice.

I thought I had a can of pineapple but I didn't.  I did have a package of pineapple chunks for school lunches in the cabinet.  I used 3 of those and I used about 2/3 of the jar of barbecue sauce.  I didn't want it to be too over powering.  You could use a sweat kind of barbecue sauce, but I just used Sweet Baby Ray's Original which I use for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment