Monday, June 25, 2012

Homemade French Fries

My neice and sister-in-law made these while we were on vacation in the Wisconsin Dells and we wanted to try them at home.  I was surprised how easy they were to make and how many we made.  My daughter helped cut the potatos, so I put her in charge of that.  I let her prepare them all and I watched them while they baked.  She was thrilled they turned out as well as they did on our first attempt.  Hope you enjoy!

Ready to eat! YUM!!


Homemade French Fries
1 5 lb bag of potatos
1 bottle of Italian salad dressing
1 jar shreadded parmesan shaker
(shaky cheese as my kids call it)


Wash potatos and slice in halk then 1/4s until you have thin strips of potatos.  Pour 1/4 of italian dressing into a baking dish and sprinke about 1/4 of the cheese into the dressing.  Mix well.  Toss potatos strips in and coat with the mixture.  Place on a greased cookie sheet in a thin layer.  Repeat making mix to cover all your potatos.  A 5lb bag will fill atleast 3 cookie sheets so determine how many you really/need want.  Bake at 350 degrees for atleast 1 hour.  I set my timer for every 15 minutes so I could shuffle my fries and turn the trays.  Don't want any to burn.  But if they do, they are the best!!!!!

A full oven full of fries!
Serve Hot!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment