Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Mississippi Sin Dip

I hosted "Pinterest Craft Night" last friday night with my girl friends and knew I had to serve some fun food/beverages from Pinterest as well.  We had a blast and are hoping to make it a regular night out for us.  I have pinned so many things with Pinterest and I have made a lot of the food items but hadn't dared on the craft items yet.  So, I am glad we had such a great turn out.

I decided to try something called "Mississippi Sin Dip" that I pinned one of my first days on Pinterest.  It had caught my eye and it was super easy to make and yummy!!!!  Which of course are my requirements for anything I try to make :)  I of course didn't have everything the recipe called for but I am not too into super spicy!

Mississippi Sin Dip
1 pkg of cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups of sour cream
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup chopped ham
1/3 cup sliced green onions
1 (4oz) can of green chilies, undrained
1 tsp worchestershire sauce

Cream the cream cheese and sour cream together until well blended.  Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.  Pour into an 8x8 baking dish, cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.  I let it sit for 5 minutes and served it with crackers and tortilla chips. 

I wish I had baked it in a baking stone because it would have stayed hotter longer.  You could also pour it into a bread bowl, cover with aluminum and bake as well.  But I didn't have one or the time to run and get one :)

Hope you enjoy!

Here is the link to the original recipe as well!
http://www.deepsouthdish.com/2010/09/mississippi-sin-dip.html

No comments:

Post a Comment