Thursday, June 28, 2012

Goulash

One of the first things I pinned on Pinterest was a recipe for Goulash.  I made it that night and my son asked for 3rds.  It was so easy to throw together and it had basic ingredients in it so I had everything in the pantry or freezer.  I love that about recipes.  Finding the perfect one that your family loves, that doesn't cost a fortune and you have everything you need already in your house to make it. 

I have found that we have a couple really good recipes that everyone will eat consistantly and those are the ones that we go to every other week.  Having short cuts for those for during the week is my big struggle.  So we shall see how this turns out of the freezer.

Goulash
1 lb. hamburger crumbled and browned
garlic salt

1 pkg. elbow macaroni cooked and drained
1 jar spagetti sauce

1/2 can water
2 cups shredded cheese


While browning the hamburger, add the garlic salt to taste.  Cook macaroni according to directions.  Drain and add to a large mixing bowl.  Add hamburger (once drained).  Stir in spaghetti sauce, water and add 3/4 cup cheese to the mix.  Once all mixed well, pour into a greased 9x13 dish.  Cover with remaining cheese.  Cover with greased aluminum foil and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.  Serve with bread and a salad and you have a great meal.

Hope your family enjoys this as much as mine does.

No comments:

Post a Comment