Monday, December 3, 2012

Bacon Wrapped Smokies

My hubby LOVES this and every time I make them I have to eat them fast or he will eat them all in a blink of an eye.  This time was no exception.  I decided to make some for Saturday night while we put our tree up with some stuff mushrooms as well.  I got them out of the oven, put a couple on my plate and went back about an hour later and they were GONE!  They are super simple and I always keep a package of the little smokies in the freezer just for this reason.

Hope your family lets you enjoy them before they are gone!

Bacon Wrapped Smokies
1 pkg of little smokies
1 lb of bacon
1 cup of brown sugar
toothpicks

Cut strips of bacon into 3 equal pieces.  Take a smokies and place it onto the bacon.  Wrap up and secure with a toothpick.  Place in a 9x13 baking dish close together.  Repeat until all of them are wrapped and dish is full.  Sprinkle 1 cup of brown sugar over top of smokies.  You make think that it's too much but it can NEVER be too much.  Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.  Remove foil and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment