Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Chicken in Cheese Soup

This recipe my mom gave me from my Aunt who is no longer here with us.  I am so thankful to have a few of her fabulous recipes.  This is such an easy meal and my kids love it.  Plus, you can fix it with a lot of different sides to make it a little different whenever you fix it.  My favorite is mashed potatoes but you could serve it over egg noodles or white rice.  We've had it with all of the above and it's always all gone :)

Chicken in Cheese Soup
1 (3lb) bag of boneless chicken breasts, defrosted
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cheddar cheese soup

Cut your chicken into nice size pieces.  I cut mine in half and place in a 9x13 baking dish.  In a small bowl, combine 1/2 of each can of soup.  Place the remaining half in a freezer container, label and toss in the freezer for next time.  (Can be stored up to 3 months).  Spread over top of chicken and cover with aluminum foil.  Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.  Serve with potatoes, rice or egg noodles and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment