Friday, December 21, 2012

Chicken & Noodles

I found this recipe on Pinterest and decided to try it.  I had all the ingredients and it reminded me of the Chicken Tetrazzini my sister makes.  It was so creamy and my kids really liked it.  I had way more than I should of and it was such a comfort dish which I really needed this month. 

Its been a tough month and with the holidays next week I needed some comfort food. Food has always been a huge comfort for me and why I can't seem to make the scale go down these days.  I LOVE food and trying new things.  I think I am going to focus on eating the good stuff next year but in moderation and see where that gets me :)

Hope you enjoy!!!!

Chicken & Noodles
8oz spaghetti noodles
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
2 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
2 Tbl butter
1 small onion, chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Cook Spaghetti according to directions.  Saute onions in butter until clear.  Mix soup and sour cream in a large mixing bowl.  Add onions, chicken and drained noodles.  Mixed until all coated with the soup/sour cream mixture.  Transfer to a greased 9x13 baking dish and cover with cheddar cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  Serve with a salad and rolls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment